Recommendation Letter Request Procedures
To request a Recommendation Letter or a Reference from the professor(s), follow the procedure below:
- 1After making an appointment, visit the professor personally and cordially request a recommendation.
- 2If the professor agrees to write a recommendation, pick up an official envelop from the TESOL Office.
- 3Self-address the envelop with the exact name and address of the recipient, affix (sufficient) required postage stamps, and give the envelop to the professor.
- 4The professor will write the recommendation and mail it directly in the envelop that has been given to him/her.
- 5Recommendation/reference letters for personal keepsake will not be provided, and all mattersconcerning recommendation requests must be addressed directly to the professor(s).
- 6If a sealed recommendation letter is required to be mailed together with other application documents in an application packet, then inform the professor when providing the self-addressed envelop from the Office without postage.
The professor will leave the recommendation letter in the care of the Office for the applicant to pick up in person at a later date. (The TESOL Office can not and does not mail recommendations to applicants.)